Sunday, October 17, 2010

We Heart New Mexico!

So a week ago from today we returned from a wonderful week in New Mexico! We hadn't been there since Christmas time. October is a wonderful time to go on a vacation and especially to New Mexico. I do have to say that I have lost my camera. I couldn't find it before we left and I still haven't found it. This makes me very sad... I missed out on some great and fun memories of us and the kids.

So we headed down on Friday October 1st at about 4pm and got there around 2am. The kids did FANTASTIC! I was nervous especially with little Micah but he and the other 2 did great and were little troopers. It was so fun to be with family and cousins! Josie was in heaven! She just loves having people around and especially her cousins (good thing she has lots of them)! Hannah will be 8 soon but her and Josie got a long SO good. Josie thinks she is the best thing ever!

The whole week we were there they were having the Hot Air Balloon Festival. So I guess people come from all around the world for this. Their were balloons from everyone and so so many fun ones. Marcus's mom and dad live close enough that every morning we would go outside and we could see them come up, then some of them fly (or float) right over their house. It was fun! Friday night of our trip we went over to the park where they do all the hot air balloon stuff and watched the show. They light them and let them up but they are tethered to the ground so there are just massive balloons everywhere! They are all colors and shapes.... some of our favorites... Darth Vader, a cow, a duck, a devil, etc, etc. They have everything! And then they bring them all down and have a firework show. We had so so much fun there! Even little Micah was so intrigued by it all. He loved all the lights and colors. I so wish I had pictures of this!

We also went to a super fun pumpkin patch that we had gone to the year before. The kids had a ball! And the weather was so perfect... not too hot and not too cold, perfect autumn weather. They had bunnies, chickens, goats, cows, and I can't remember what else. There is a big slide to go down, and a huge trampoline thing, bouncy castles, haystacks to climb, a big sand box but not sand it was corn kernels (the kids loved it)! There was also a train ride and corn mazes. We had lots of fun here!

We spent lots of fun hours hanging out with Grammie Pammie and Grandpa too. Their house is lots of fun! And did I mention we ate great too! One day while Hannah and Braxton were at school... Josie, Hayden, and Grayson found a little swimming pool and filled it up and decided to go for a swim. Hayden and Grayson would run and jump into it cannon ball style... it was hilarious! They had so much fun! And did I mention by the end of it all 3 kids were running around swimming naked! They are so cute!

Our last night there we went to their ward talent show. I have to admit it was pretty funny (their ward might be lacking a little in the talent area) but their were some good laughs. My favorites (and I am not biased, they really were the best) were Hannah break dancing! She was a hoot! And she didn't stop til the music did, Zac on his guitar, and Dad's singing group. They served popcorn and cotton candy for refreshments (huge hit with the kids)! It was a fun night!

Thanks again Mom and Dad for a wonderful, wonderful visit! Thanks for spoiling us! And thanks too Zac for giving up your room for us! I love too that Beth and Travs and their kids live so close too. Don't be a stick in the mud! Hahaha. I love how much we laugh and joke when we are with Marcus's family! Even his dad can be funny from time to time:)

The only hard part at all was my dear little Hayden! He struggles with change and not being in his own bed at home. He is also lately known for his HUGE tantrums. Sometimes we are not quite sure what to do. Just when we think we get things figured it out then he decides he doesn't like our tactics very well. How I love him and think he is the sweetest little boy but w hen he gets on one of his tantrums then he can be so so hard to console. Needless to say, we had a few of these and since most were at night time or in the night we had some pretty long nights. We sure love you though Hayd! We will get things figured out soon!

Our trip home was just as good as our trip there. We left at like 10:30am and were home at 9:30 pm. The kids, once again did GREAT! We did stop at our usual stop... Hole 'N Rock and the petting zoo there. The kids love to go feed the animals and run around. They actually have quite a good assortment of animals there... we love it! It is located right outside of Moab. Anyway it was a good trip but good to get back home too. Did I mention our kids were great?! We sure love them!

No comments: