
A pumpkin cookie from Martha.

Hayd with his daddy
I sure love these boys!

Yeah lately trying to get a picture with Josie and Hayden hasn't worked out.
This is the best I could do.

A new truck.

Helping set up his new train set.

This is all I could get when I told him to take a bite... just a little lick.
And don't judge my cake skills... he was helping me make it.
He wanted a cake and cupcakes and then I jokingly put the cupcakes up like ears and he thought it was like Mickey Mouse, so it stayed.
Hayden's birthday was this last Saturday, October 23rd. We had been talking about it all week so he knew it was coming. He has learned in the past couple of weeks how to say his name Hayden Hadlock and when he does he points to himself... it is so cute! He also knows how old he is now and when asked will say 2 and usually gets the right amount of fingers up. We had planned on doing something funner for his birthday but it ended up being a rainy day and Micah was sick. So, we let him open a present in the morning and it had a box of bubble gum balls in it (his favorite treat) and by lunch time between him and Josie it was all gone. He picked out the cake and frosting he wanted... chocolate cake with Rainbow Chip frosting, and he helped me make it. After, we put the kids down for naps and when they got up we took him to Target to pick out another present since it was too cold and rainy to take him to the Barnyard Boo at Thanksgiving Point like we were going to. I did take him to the Animal Farm there earlier in the week when the weather was nice so I am glad he got at least that outing. He is loving trains these days so that is what he wanted and what he got. We had pizza and then came home and did presents and cake and ice cream. All week we had been singing Happy Birthday to him and he would pretend blow out his candles and eat his cake. So when we sang to him he kept blowing and blowing and finally with some help from daddy got his 2 candles out! We had a good day with him.
He is our funny little boy! He is seriously ALWAYS doing the funniest things. He makes the funniest faces and does the best dance moves, and really knows how to shake his little bum. I can't believe how much he is growing up. I sure love him! He is pretty much the perfect little boy (except for his little tantrums that he has started)... He loves his sister Josie and if he wakes up before her at naptime then he is grumpy til she gets up. He loves Micah too but I think it will be more so when he can play with him. He is really starting to talk and I just love his sweet little voice. He is always right and there is NO reasoning with him (is this a boy thing or just something he learned from his dad;) He is very stubborn at times but maybe this could turn into a good thing sometime. He loves balls, trains, trucks, coloring, and having his nails painted (haha.. he really does beg for it when he sees me paint Josie's). Other than that he is ALL boy and loves to pretend shoot things and drive things. His favorite person besides our little family is his Uncle Stevie (Martha is close behind since she always has gum). We love our little Hayden! You have made these past 2 years some of the best ever!
3 comments:
I fell in love with that little Hayden when I visited you guys! He is so funny! He really is so cute!! I loved the bubble gum idea!! Happy late 2nd birthday buddy!
Cute pictures, Jacque! It HAS been too long. Let's get together!!
I wish I would have know that you were doing the wooden train set. I just sent mine to the DI that week. We had bridges and a lot of tracks.
Post a Comment