Monday, May 3, 2010

Little Laughs!

Whenever Marcus comes home I feel like I have a million stories about the funny things the kids did that day! I never want to forget some of these cute things so I decided I needed to start keeping track! These two little ones really keep me going... they make life so much fun! It is hard to have a bad day or to get too mad with them around. Some of the things they do can be very naughty but I am learning to just laugh cause they really are SO sweet and get bigger every day! I know one day I am going to miss all this craziness!
Hayden is starting to talk a lot but it is mostly just words so he doesn't say all the funny things Josie does but he is such a funny boy to watch! Not to mention a little bit naughty! I had just got him ready to go somewhere and was getting Josie ready when I found him like this. I guess he found my liquid eyeliner. He seemed to know that it went around your eyes!

Josie: Mommy, stop talking!
Daddy: You don't talk to mommy that way!
Josie: Mommy please be quiet!
She is persistent! I couldn't help but laugh and then obey cause I tell her that enough times in a day!

Hayden is crying and so I turn around and Josie is trying to grab his hands.
Me: Josie, please don't touch Hayden, he doesn't like it.
Josie: Mommy, I'm trying to dance with my prince.
She is obsessed with princesses and princes. She knows girls are princesses and boy are princes and when she gets bigger she will find her prince. It is funny to me cause she has never even seen a Disney princess movie. She seems to know everything about them though and knows they are always dancing.

Hayden has learned the word "please". He is very good at using it too. When I tell him no or he needs to wait his turn or whatever he very sweetly says, "please". And most of the time it works:)

I was changing in front of Josie the other day and she looks up and sees my bare belly.
Josie: Whoa mommy! Why your tummy so big like grandpa's!

She needed to go to the bathroom so I was trying to help her.
Josie: No mommy I do it by myself. Don't help!
Me: Josie it is ok for mommy to help you sometimes.
Josie: No! Girls don't need help.
Oh ok... I guess I didn't realize that.

Josie: Mommy, daddy will come home soon so I can dance with my prince.

Me to Josie: Come here little girl.
Josie: No mommy don't call me little girl, call me chica.
Me: Oh chica huh? Where did you hear that?
Josie: Leah call me that. (Leah is my little sister) I chica.
And she has actually corrected me a few times... No mommy call me chica. So my little chica it is:)

One morning when Marcus and I were both very tired and she was in bed with us watching TV.
Josie: Mommy read me a story.
Me: No Josie, I still need to sleep.
Opening the curtains.
Josie: No mommy it isn't time to sleep... Look the sun is getting up.

5 comments:

Kristy Stoner said...

I LOVE funny things our kids say and do. Yours are awesome! So, I would LOVE to do some vinyl for you! Want me to come over and look at the room for some ideas?

Lyndsie and Tyson said...

so cute! I love what kids say.

Kylee said...

I was laughing so hard reading this post!! That is such a good idea to post what your kids say...cause we really do forget those fun moments!

Karenin Jaar Robison said...

josie is a riot! i still can't imagine her talking like that.

Stina said...

HILARIOUS! You're kids are soooo cute!