Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cousins and more Cousins!

We have had an eventful couple of weeks. And you would think I have pictures but I don't.... I seemed to forget my camera for everything!
About two weeks ago we got a visit from Grammie Pammie, Aunt Laura, Uncle Matt, and Aunt Beth, and her kiddos, Hannah, Braxton, and Grayson. They were here for about 4 days and we had lots and lots of fun with them! Josie LOVES her cousins and can't get enough of them. Every morning she would wake up and say, "I need to go see my cousins!" One of the days we went to Thanksgiving Point to see the farm animals. The kids loved riding the ponies and feeding the animals. Hayden would pick up whatever he could find and try to feed it to them.... the goats were especially fun to feed. Josie had on a little yellow bracelet and the goats kept trying to get it thinking it was the corn. We found out that they have free ice cream cones for the kids at the deli there and 25 cent ones for everyone else so we had to stop by there for a treat. We then went up to Cabela's to looks at the animals there. Jenn-Lee brought her girls down from Layton and met us for all of it. All the grand kids on Marcus's side were all there. Another day we went on a picnic down by the marina in Saratoga Springs. Dan and Jenn-Lee came down again. It was a gorgeous day and perfect for a picnic. The kids loved playing there! They are all busy kids so we had our hands full making sure no one fell in the lake. I know Beth and Jenn-Lee took some pictures so hopefully I can get some copies! Thanks for coming guys and please come back soon! We loved having you!
Then that Sunday we met with my family for family pictures with everyone! This has never happened in my family since my brother left on his mission in 1996. So now our family is even bigger and harder to get together for pictures so I am so glad we were finally able to do it. My brother Joel came up with his family from Texas so it was the perfect time to do it! I'll post pics when I get them. Josie and Hayden got to be with all their cousins from my side too! I love that my kids have so many cousins.... they are so lucky!
That week my parents stayed up in Park City and rented two big condos so we all took turns staying up there and playing. I took the kids up on Tuesday and didn't come home til Sunday! We had so much fun up there. Marcus came up and joined us on Thursday night. We loved running through the halls, swimming, riding the buses, shopping, riding bikes, eating, the elevators (or as Josie says the alligators) the kids play area, and especially being with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents! Thanks so much mom and dad for letting us come hang out with you guys!
Really though I am so glad my kids have family and cousins to be with. I loved growing up with so many cousins so I love that my kids will have the same. Family is so great! Josie still keeps talking about "my cousins".

3 comments:

Cindy said...

aww! sounds fun :)

Brys, Linz, and Kaleb said...

I love love love having family so close. It's so nice to have so many cousins for Kaleb to play with. It's the main reason we moved back from Logan.

Lyndsie and Tyson said...

What a fun time! I loved having a lot of cousins too. It's wonderful to have a lot of family. So.. how far a long are you now? Are you having a Boy or Girl? Any names yet? Can't wait to hear. :) lyndsie