September 18th is Chile's Independence Day so this last weekend there was some celebrating in Payson. For those of you who don't know I served my mission in Chile and so I am quite fond of the place and its traditions. Until a couple of weeks ago we had Sebastian living with us. I met him and his family while I was down there. He came here to study a little English before he goes on his mission. He brought Josie a little "cueca" dress. The cueca is there national dance. It is still quite big on her but of course she had to wear it to the festivities. She looked adorable. There she is with Sebastian in his traditional clothing as well. There was a little pony giving rides so Marcus helped Josie go on her first pony ride. She really liked it. We had lots of fun there and got to eat a lot of the traditonal food...empanadas, pastel de choclo, berlines, etc.
Jacque! Holy cow long time no see! How are you doing? Last time I talked to ya you were prego and now she is one! Wow time flies! She is beautiful! I was blog hopping and came across yours so I added u to my blog list! Keep in touch! Jenn
She is so grown up! How cute!!That is great for her to stay in touch with other cultures. What a gift you guys are giving her. We miss you guys!!! Have a great weekend.
7 comments:
That is so great you got to celebrate a little bit! Josie looks adorable in her dress. Oh those good old chilean days!
Jacque! Holy cow long time no see! How are you doing? Last time I talked to ya you were prego and now she is one! Wow time flies! She is beautiful! I was blog hopping and came across yours so I added u to my blog list! Keep in touch! Jenn
She is so grown up! How cute!!That is great for her to stay in touch with other cultures. What a gift you guys are giving her. We miss you guys!!! Have a great weekend.
Hey I changed my blog address to hairs2you.blogspot.com.
That looks fun! Her little dress is really cute!
she looks so cute in her little chilean dress. now i need to meet hayden!!
Cute pictures! I had no idea they had Chilean Days down there. How fun! I love that Josie has a traditional dress.
Post a Comment