Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Potty Stories

The first couple of weeks we had Josie home, diaper time turned out to be quite an adventure. One night (seriously in the middle of the night/ early early morning... 3 or 4ish) Josie was whimpering and had a messy diaper. Jacque didnt want to turn on the light to wake up her sleeping bear of a husband (me) and decided to use daddies cell phone for a light. She took off little Josies diaper and cleaned her up. She then set the phone down close by and went to grab the clean diaper. Before she got the clean diaper, little Josie must have enjoyed the breeze and decided it was time to go again! Except... this was no ordinary #2- little Josie shot out #2 like a super soaker and made a mess of all of the sheets, her new clean diaper, mommy, and of course.... daddies phone. My phone had poop in-between the buttons, all over the display, inside of the back where you plug in the battery. Daddy of course woke up in the commotion and me and Jacque had a good laugh as we changed the sheets!

Then another time, when it was daddies turn to change little Josie, I laid her down on the little couch we have in her room. I followed the procedure- take off the diaper- clean her up, and this time I actually got the new diaper under her. I was about ready to strap it on, when all of the sudden, a yellow fountain erupted. I did not think that you could get pee'd on by little girls, but boy o boy was I wrong! She shot out in all directions! It was almost worse than a boy! Not only did she pee all over me, my clothes, and the couch... but it went up and backwards and her poor little face was covered. She was squinting looking back and forth not sure of what was going on.... but needless to say she made quite the mess :) We had to clean her up good after that one.

No comments: