Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Josie, one Month old...


So yesterday Josie finished her first month with us. She has been so much fun. I actually started this blog yesterday and have been trying to update as much as I could- with the pictures that we had. It is crazy that a month has gone by already. When Josie was born she only fit into pre-mie clothing... (clothing for pre-mature babies) and now after this first month those clothes are impossible to get on her. Her 0-3 month clothes at first looked like a little boy wearing his daddies clothing.... and now she fits in it very well. Its pretty crazy how she has grown so much already. It is scary ;) I kinda of want her to stay this small forever. My favorite thing to do with her is cuddle her- I love it when she falls asleep and lays on my chest while i am laying down... I just pat her little back. Sometimes I fall asleep too- and Jacque keeps an eye on us. One night, in the middle of the night Jacque looked over at me sleeping, and my hand was up patting the air... as if I was patting Josie while she was laying on my chest. I didnt remember it- but I thought it was funny when she told me the next day. Another funny thing about Josie is how peculiar she is.... When she is in the car- when I drive slow or come to stops- she starts to whimper and whine but somehow she can since when I get up to around 35-40 and she calms down. Sometimes she will start to fuss on the highway, and I get into the slow lane and drive over those bump strips on the side and she calms right down. She loves it! It actually puts her to sleep. The other day she was really tired and crying, and we came to a red light.... So I would let go of the break and push it down again and rock the car- and she calmed down (although I be the people around me thought I was nuts!) I am so glad we had little Josie- It is a lot of work and a lot of responsibility, but she feels like she belongs and that things would not and could not be the same without her. She lights up our home with smiles. I love to come home from work and hear about the funny things she has done during the day. Ever since she was born she has been very alert... and looks around all of the time with her eyes wide open. Its very cute- Now she is starting to focus on faces and lights and things. It is pretty neat to stare into her eyes while she stares right back into yours. This first month has been fun. I love being Josies Dad.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I used to sleep the same way with Kaelin. And pat her imaginary back in my sleep. Just wait until you wake up frantic because there isn't a baby on your chest. You'll be dreaming that she's there and then wake up feeling around in the bed trying to find her. That's when Rob would wake up and tell me that Kaelin was just in her crib. That makes you feel like such a competent parent.