My little Josie came home from preschool today informing me that it is now Fall. And yes I know it turned fall a couple of days ago I decided to recap our summer here before more time has gone by and I have forgotten everything.
It was an eventful and BUSY summer for us. A little different one for us with 4 little ones and the adjustment of another newborn in our home. We didn't let that stop us though from getting out and doing things (well maybe a little it did ;) this mama is still trying to figure out the whole 4 kids thing)
Some of the highlights were:
- Going to Boulder, Nevada to the Pirate House for a week! One of our favorite spots in the whole wide world!
- While we were there our neighborhood was evacuated for a fire... glad we were gone!
- This momma turned the big 3-0 the end of June... crazy! I feel so old now. It was a good birthday though and I was spoiled by Marcus and the kids.
- We blessed our sweet little Mason Parker July 1
- My sister Sarah had her baby Brooklyn on July 3
- We celebrated the 4th of July... some of it was good and some was not. We were going to go up to Logan fireworks on the 3rd and camp out and Grandma and Grandpa Reeders but our van got a flat tire and we couldn't get it fixed til the 4th. We were able though to go watch fireworks and swim with Dan and Jenn-lee and family.
- Uncle Matt came and stayed with us for a week or so.
- Our little rascal Micah turned 2. He is SOOOO much fun! We got a bouncy castle and had a low key party with some of Marcus's family. A couple of weeks ago he was VERY obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey Mouse, and Thomas the train and while he still likes all that his new obsession is SUPER HEROS like his brother Hayden. We love him to pieces and are so glad he is in our family!
- This one is not so much highlight but more of a lowlight... Micah got really sick and had to go to the ER on a Sunday. He was throwing up so much and had diarhea and couldn't keep anything down. It was SOO awful and we were super worried about him. He literally laid on the couch without moving for a couple of days (which is so not like him). He was pretty sick for a full week. And we are so glad he is over that.
- On August 17th my sister Leah got married to Jaron! WE love him and are so happy for them. It was over in Logan and we made a little trip out of it and stayed in a hotel for 2 nights. It was lots of fun especially the swimming. The only hard part was that Marcus got sick and Micah still wasn't feeling the best.
- On the way home from Logan we stopped at my mom's where my brothers Joel and Stephen were trying to cut a huge tree down. Marcus went to help. It ended up falling the wrong way and hitting into telephone lines and knocking out power... and it started a small fire by the road (thank goodness that got put out quickly) The fire department ended up coming to check on things and it was very eventful especially for all the kids.
- Marcus's mom and brother Zac moved in with us for a couple of weeks the end of August
- We put our house up for sale toward the end of August and that has been a crazy adventure. Hopefully we will be taking it off the market soon!
- On August 26 I took Josie and Hayden to meet my mom so they could stay at her house for a day or two. On the way back Mason started screaming and I needed gas so I stopped for gas. I got Mason out and of course Micah wanted out so I let him out to "help" me. Right about then Marcus called to see where I was. Micah darted away from me and there was a car coming so I screamed at him and ran to grab him and tripped over the gas hose. Micah came back quickly when he saw me fall. Needless to say Mason and I ended up in the ER. Mason with a broken femur and me with a fractured arm. It was an awful night and I don't wish to remember all of it. The next couple of days were absolutely awful and that is all I will say about that.
- Mason only had to have his cast on for about 2 weeks which is actually quite remarkable and such a blessing. My arm didn't have to be casted just in a sling which got old really quick! I am grateful that is behind us and we are doing much better.
- Josie and Hayden both started preschool on Sept, 4th and they both are loving it! It has been so good for the both of them. They go on Tues and Thurs. They go to different places but at the same time. It has been so nice having some time with Micah and Mason.
- On September 8th our little Josie Jos turned 5! She was thrilled... she has wanted to be 5 since her last birthday! We had a little movie night with some little girls the night before and the day of we had a family day and did whatever she wanted! We ended up going to Cabela's for a fishing pole (she has been begging for one) and then we went to the Gateway to play at Discovery Center and eat at Costa Vida... Josie loves that place. We sure love our little 5 year old girl! She is so much fun!
- I was able to take the kids up one Friday to go through the Brigham Temple. My mom helped me and it was a very good experience. That night was Box Elders Homecoming game so we went in and watched them light the "B"... Uncle Stevie was on the mountain helping and that made it lots funner!
No comments:
Post a Comment