Micah Samuel Hadlock
July 28th 7:38 am
8 lbs 14 oz and 22 inches
July 28th 7:38 am
8 lbs 14 oz and 22 inches
I know I am late posting these but that is just me adjusting to life with 3 little ones! Micah FINALLY decided to make his appearance July 28th, only 4 LONG days after his due date. I never realized how lucky I was to have my babies come a few days early until I had one that decided to come on his own schedule. After my due date hit the next few days were very hard and went by SO slow! But he is SO worth it! I love him to pieces!!! Tuesday morning my friends Abby and Joann thought they would help me out and take me for a nice long walk to get snow cones with the kids. I was more than willing to do it since I was very ready for this little one to come BUT it was a very long walk. I guess it worked though cause that evening I begin having regular contractions. Marcus and I got the kids in bed and then I tried to relax and take it easy to see if they would stop but they didn't so my sister Martha and her husband Justin came over to stay with Josie and Hayden and we headed to the birthing center. We got there about 2:30 am. Normally I try to stay home for as long as possible but since we live about 45 min from where I had him then I didn't want to be in the car driving when it was getting really intense so we went in early. I did really good I would say stay calm and collected for the first few hours. I went from the birthing ball to the tub to walking over and over. I loved the tub a lot... it really helped me to relax. My only complaint was it kind of slowed labor down but even that was fine for when it got a little more intense. I had them break my water sometime I don't really remember when but it was probably sometime around 7:00 am... after that things got even more intense. It wasn't long before I really felt I needed to be pushing. At this time I was still in the tub but felt a little crazy (you know that feeling when you are in transition and about to give up but know you can't... that feeling) so I got out and they gave me a birthing stool which is a little chair with a horse shoe shape cushion. It was probably only about 15 to 20 minutes of pushing but they seem so LONG when you are going through it. It was such relief when I felt his head come through and then his body and they wrapped him in a towel and handed him to me. First thing I did was look to see if he was a boy or a girl and he was all BOY! How I love him! Most of the time I thought he was a girl but when I was in labor I knew he was a boy... Marcus said I can't count that though cause he had thought it for a couple weeks! Having a child is such a miraculous thing and brings you so close to God and heaven I think. Holding them in your arms for the first time is the best feeling ever! I am so thankful for him and that I have been entrusted with such a beautiful boy. All in all everything turned out wonderful! And thank you to my wonderful midwife, Jeneatta Boothe. She was wonderful as was the student that helped too. It was hard work but went really pretty quickly and all worth it. We stayed a couple hours and then headed home to take a much needed nap. Martha brought Josie and Hayden home a few hours after. Josie has been in heaven and just can't seem to get enough of him! Hayden loves him too but doesn't show it as much.
Over the past 3 weeks we have had some wonderful meals from family and friends. It is so nice to feel so loved! I so appreciate the help I have had from everyone! The recovery was not so pleasant. They say with each baby the after pains get worse well I am here to say... they do!!! That first week was awful to say the least and then there is the sore nipples and breasts! Nursing is painful, at least for the first week or so! But now that is all behind me and I am so enjoying my little baby Micah and nursing too!
When he was first born we didn't have a name for him but those first few hours with him we chose his name. Marcus has liked the name Micah for a little while now and I wanted to use Samuel which happens to be Marcus's middle name. We talked for awhile trying to put names together and decided on Micah Samuel after his daddy. Marcus is the 2nd son and 3rd child and named after his dad and now so is Micah. They also have the same initials.
Baby Micah sleeps relatively good at night, is an excellent eater, and really a pretty content baby! I couldn't ask for more! I am so happy with my little family and the joy they each bring... for now our family is complete!

4 comments:
Jacque, little Micah looks so cute. I wish I could be there to snuggle him. I hope that you are doing well taking care of your little monkeys. Give them kisses for me. We love you guys.
jacque your new baby is so cute!! congratulations
What a great story! Babies are so worth all the pain we go through! You are such a strong mama and I still can't believe you have three kiddos! You are so lucky!! Love and miss ya TOOOONNNSSSS!
All of your kids have a similar look. He is darling! You are my hero for going natural. I won't even attempt it! Bring on the epidural!!!! =) Can't wait to see you soon. Hermana K is throwing a shower October 9th. If you come make sure to bring your baby!!! =) Love ya!
Post a Comment